Hiring Process for Applicant Pool Hires
When a hiring department is ready to make its first appointment from an approved pool, it should notify AAEO and the office will send via email current information regarding applicant pool demographics based on received Applicant Data Request Forms. All hires from the pool will use the master copy compliance statement. Hiring units must contact AAEO each time they intend to make a hire from an approved pool in order to request updated applicant pool demographic data.
When hiring from an open applicant pool, departments need to submit the following:
- Request to Offer Appointment
- Compliance Statement (with appropriate attachments as noted in Section D for new appointments; copy of compliance statement only, without attachments, from original appointment if a renewal from the same pool)
- Position description for position being filled, with minimum and desired qualifications.
- Copy of advertisements, including web announcement. (First hire from pool only. AAEO will keep a copy in its pool file in order to cut down on unnecessary duplication of records.)
- Copy of application materials including the vita and a signed application submitted by selected applicant.
The Affirmative Action Compliance Statement submitted for approval with the hiring documentation packet must list ALL applicants in the applicant pool and documentation must address reasons for non-selection for ALL applicants in the pool, not just those considered qualified for the particular position.